October Chapter Meeting
**Special Thursday Meeting**
The Art of Business Analysis Facilitation: Soft Skills in Focus
Facilitation skills make a huge difference to the success of business analysis efforts. Are you interested in a refresher, new perspectives, and some tips and tricks to help boost your requirements elicitation and facilitation skills, build strong, trusting relationships with colleagues, and get the most out of your meetings? This month’s chapter meeting will be focused on the art of effective facilitation for business analysis and will include both basic reminders on effective facilitation and more advanced practical advice for dealing with difficult scenarios. Expect a highly interactive discussion.
- Rehearsal: mental models around your role as the facilitator
- Setting the stage: preparing for facilitation
- Making an entrance: the first 5 minutes
- Audience response: asking the right questions the right way
- Changing scenery: tactics for adjusting your facilitation approach on the fly
- Creating conflict (inadvertently): what not to do (and what to do if you’ve done it)
- Resolving conflict: listening to inspire inclusive engagement, dealing with difficulty
- Closing act and curtain call: the last 5 minutes
This month’s presenters are members of the Portland Metro Chapter board, including President Kelly Goodwin and Treasurer Jennifer Colburn. Jennifer and Kelly bring many years’ combined experience and subject matter expertise in facilitating requirements sessions. This month’s meeting is sure to provide a wealth of tools, tips, and excellent food for thought to help you boost your requirements elicitation and facilitation skills, build strong, trusting relationships with colleagues, and get the most out of your meetings.
Thanks to our Gold Sponsor TEKSystems